• To carry out the normal operations of our business. These may include answering your queries, processing your connection with a patient or Licensed Producer and maintaining proper tax and accounting records;
• To send you information about our services, unless you advise us not to;
• To carry out any other activity which has your consent;
• To comply with legal requirements or so that we can respond to any complaints or claims against us.
When trusted third parties (such as our accountants or a delivery companies) are performing a service for us or for you, we may provide them with our information about you only to the extent they need it to perform that service. We will not sell or lease information about you, with these exceptions:
• If we reorganize our company (ies), or sell or lease our business, the new entity, owner or operator will assume any rights we have in respect of our information about you. We would obtain reasonable assurances that your privacy would continue to be respected;
• We may create and provide data that is in a form that does not permit you to be identified.
Who has Access to Information Collected?
Who has access to personal information collected by drcannabisconsult.com? We strictly control access to your personal information to our employees who need this information in order to serve you or to employees who analyze our performance in order to measure and improve our services. Employees are kept up: to date with regards to the privacy and security practices of drcannabisconsult.com
We reserve the right to co: operate with local, provincial and national officials in any investigation requiring either personal information including any personal information provided online through drcannabisconsult.com or reports about lawful and unlawful user activities on the Web site.
If you ask us, we will remove any information about you from our files, unless some legitimate purpose makes its reasonable for us to retain it for some additional time. We will also review our files from time to time with a view to identifying and deleting stale information.
1. Drcannabisconsult.com nor the physicians, the clinic staff, and/or clinic representatives are neither providing nor dispensing medical marijuana.
2. Prior to your appointment, you are required to submit a copy of your most recent government issued photo ID, and or are verified with current photo ID which is proof that you are a citizen of this country.
3. The physician or clinic staff will NOT be providing or discussing information regarding any other way of obtaining medical marijuana other than from a Health Canada approved regulation, and/or a registered licensed producer.
4. The physician is evaluating you for the use of medical cannabis and will make his/her recommendation based in part, on the medical information you have provided. It is your responsibility to ensure that there is no misrepresentation of your medical information submitted for you to obtain a recommendation to use cannabis for your medical condition.
5. You agree to only use medical cannabis for the treatment of your medical condition as agreed upon by the physician and not for recreational or non-medical purposes.
6. The physician is addressing specific aspects of your medical care and, unless otherwise stated, is in no way establishing himself/herself as your primary care physician.
7. Should the physician approve you for the use of medical cannabis, it is your responsibility to ensure that a renewal appointment is made one month prior to your expiry date. During your renewal appointment the physician will re: evaluate possible continuance of cannabis.
8. You understand that it is your responsibility to stay informed regarding provincial and federal laws regarding the medicinal use, possession, sale/purchase and/or distribution of medical marijuana and or growing of medical marijuana for personal use as per your medical document issued by a registered health care provider/physician.
9. Health Canada, the physician and drcannabisconsult.com staff advise you that using cannabis is prohibited while driving or performing hazardous tasks such as operating heavy machinery. The same applies to safety: sensitive occupations such as health professionals and the supervision of children. Depending on dosage and administration, impairment can last over 24 hours following last usage.
11. The potential side effects from the use of marijuana include, but are not limited to the following; dizziness, anxiety, confusion, sedation, low blood pressure, impairment of short: term memory, euphoria, difficulty in completing complex tasks, suppression of the body’s immune system, inability to concentrate, impaired motor skills, paranoia, psychotic symptoms, general apathy, depression and/or restlessness.
12. Marijuana may exacerbate schizophrenia in persons predisposed to the disorder.
13. Marijuana use may also cause excessive talking and eating, alter your perception of time and space and impair your judgment.
14. You understand that using marijuana while under the influence of alcohol is not recommended. Additional side effects may become present when using both alcohol and marijuana.
15. Smoking marijuana may cause respiratory problems and harm, including; bronchitis, emphysema and laryngitis. In the opinion of many researchers, marijuana smoke contains known carcinogens (chemicals that cause cancer) and smoking marijuana may increase the risk of respiratory diseases and cancers in the lung, mouth and tongue. In addition, marijuana smoke contains harmful chemicals known as tars. If you begin to experience respiratory problems when using marijuana, you agree to stop using it and report your symptoms to a physician.
16. The physician and/or drcannabisconsult.com have informed you of alternatives to smoking marijuana.
17. The risk, benefits and drug interactions of marijuana are not fully understood. If you are taking medication or undergoing treatment for any medical condition, you understand that you should consult with your primary care physician(s) before you take marijuana in any form and that you should not discontinue any medication or treatment previously prescribed unless advised to do so by your primary care physician.
18. Individuals may develop a tolerance to and/or dependence on marijuana. If you develop signs of withdrawal, which can include; feelings of depression, sadness, irritability, insomnia, restlessness, agitation, loss of appetite, trouble concentrating, sleep disturbances, and unusual tiredness, contact the doctor as well your licensed producer with whom you have registered with for your medical marijuana.
19. Symptoms of marijuana overdose include but are not limited to; nausea, vomiting, hacking cough, disturbance in heart rhythm, numbness in hands, feet, arms or legs, anxiety attacks and incapacitation. If you experience these symptoms, you agree to contact your primary care physician, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
20. If drcannabisconsult.com and the doctor of recommendation by drcannabisconsult.com subsequently learns that the information you have furnished is false or misleading, the recommendation by the physician for marijuana may be revoked. You agree to contact drcannabisconsult.com / the medical patient coordinator and provide additional information required in the event of any inaccuracies or misstatements in the information you have provided.
21. If you do not understand any of the above, you agree to contact the medical patient coordinator at
drcannabisconsult.com for clarification.
22. drcannabisconsult.com is a private medical patient coordinator service that charges a fee for services. For an updated fee structure, please contact our medical patient coordinator. Our service has a 48-hour cancellation policy. Failure to cancel your appointment or provide full payment within the 48-hours will result in a $200.00 processing fee. To cancel an appointment, send a response by email, phone message, or speaking with one of our Patient Care Coordinators. Cancellations on weekends or holidays will not be accepted.
23. This is a medical service connecting you with a medical doctor registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons and licensed producers registered with Health Canada. If you are a patient wishing to grow your own medicine or wish to have a designated grower, as per Health Canada regulations, drcannabisonsult.com will NOT send any forms on your behalf to Health Canada. The patient will be responsible to fill out any and or all forms required as per Health Canada regulations, policies and or guidelines.
24. We assist in all your paperwork for registration with a registered Licensed Producer of the patient’s choice. We will send medical information to the doctor -book your doctor appointment – inform you of the licensed producers registered with Health Canada if need be. We cross check, verify all information and follow up with both patient and Licensed Producer to which the patient will be registered with.
25. A patient that has made the decision to grow their medicinal cannabis agrees to abide by all legal rulings, regulations both Federal and Provincial laws as per Health Canada guidelines and policies in which the patient takes full responsibility in all paperwork submissions to Health Canada.
26. Drcannabisconsult.com agrees to send the original medical document to the patient wishing to grow their own medicine and/or wish to have a designated grower to do so as per the legal rulings pertaining to AMCRP with Health Canada. The original medical document will be sent via secure courier service. This is required for the patient’s submission to Health Canada in which the patient agrees to file all the paperwork required by Health Canada, drcannabisconsult.com is in no way liable and/or responsible in any way for the submission of any paperwork for a patient pertaining to AMCRP with Health Canada.
**DO NOT DRIVE AND OR OPERATE ANY MACHINERY WHEN CONSUMING YOUR MEDICAL CANNABIS KEEP ALL MEDICAL CANNABIS IN A SAFE PLACE AND OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN AS WELL OUT OF REACH FROM PETS AND ANIMALS**